In the past few years, cloud certifications have generated a lot of interest and hype in the IT world. Many businesses and organizations have invested in cloud services. It is now a common fixture and essential for investors, but you must get your cloud-related product from a reputable certification provider who must be certified.
Cloud computing services have grown exponentially and are regarded as a priority. They are offered by companies such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. The services are provided via complicated infrastructure, and you must have some kind of certification from a specific service to validate the users’ skills.
Which Technology Certifications Should I Get In 2021?
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect
- CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Google Cloud – Professional Data Engineer
- Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- Certified Data Professional (CDP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Centre Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
AWS or Amazon Web Services is among the top cloud platforms, and getting certified in it helps you become competent when using it. The program teaches you different ways to design applications on Amazon Web Services. With the certification, you can implement encryption, move big amounts of data, protect cloud infrastructure from DDoS attacks and manage numerous accounts simultaneously.
This certification is for networking professionals with years of experience in implementing and creating cloud environments. To get certified, you have to go through an extensive exam that requires knowing a lot about Amazon Web Services.
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Also known as CCSP, the Certified Cloud Security Professional certification demonstrates the user’s knowledge of designing, managing, and securing data infrastructure and applications in the cloud. It is ideal for anyone interested in cloud technology, such as security administrators, enterprise architects, systems architects, consultant engineers, and security architects, among many others.
The certification is provided via the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, also referred to as (ISC) ². Though not officially required by (ISC) ², the certification is for people who have about five years of IT experience. This means three years’ experience in information and a year’s experience in at least one or more CCSP CBK six domains. Those without this experience can go for Associate of (ISC) ² but must pass the CCSP examination.
Google Cloud Certifications are some of the best IT certifications. One of them is Google’s Cloud Architect certification, which focuses on the user’s ability to perform the role of a cloud architect in a Google Cloud Platform environment. This teaches certification makes you a pro in designing, managing, and providing secure cloud solutions architecture.
CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
Anyone who is not ready for the advanced certifications can get CompTIA Cloud as a beginner’s certification; this certification is for people between two and three years of experience of working with data storage, networking, and administration. It helps you learn more about the infrastructure and management of virtual data. It enables you to optimize your services, and the best thing is that CompTIA Cloud is not restricted to one function. It is one of the greatest certifications one can have in 2021.
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert is created for DevOps experts who advise stakeholders and develop effective cloud solutions for businesses. Their services enhance communications and collaborations because the exam covers their knowledge and skills to deploy and configure infrastructure, implement security and create apps. This exam is also about business continuity, data solution, and ways to develop cloud solutions. This certification includes two exams:
- Exam AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies: This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: implement and monitor an Azure infrastructure; implement management and security solutions; implement solutions for apps, and implement and manage data platforms.
- Exam AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design: This exam measures your ability to accomplish the following technical tasks: design monitoring; design identity and security; design data storage; design business continuity; and design infrastructure.
An Azure Solution Architect partners with cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement solutions. Responsibilities for this role include advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
- Certification Page
- Price: USD 330 (USD 165 for each exam)
- Job role: Solution Architect
The certification is created for data engineers, developers, data architects, and data analysts who have the responsibility to manage huge data transfer projects. Expert data engineers verify their expertise in the Google Cloud Platform. People having this certificate can create and handle structures and databases.
Microsoft Certified: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
This credential requires basic expertise regarding cloud services and how such services are offered by Microsoft Azure. It is proposed people who want to start working with cloud services or looking to try the Azure cloud platform for the first time. This certification verifies the knowledge about concepts of cloud, Azure services, security, and privacy in Microsoft Azure together with Azure support and pricing.
- Certification Page
- Price: USD 99
- Job role: Administrator, Business User, Developer, Student, Technology Manager
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator is accompanied by an average salary of about $130,610. Getting this certificate verifies the technical skills in placement, operations, and management over the AWS board. In general, operation managers, system administrators, and people accountable for assisting operations on AWS will need to get this certificate by passing an examination to show their skills. Still, you don’t need to be in that role to get the certification. You can be a developer or an architect searching for a new skill to expand your skill sets by having a new certification on your resume.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
The Certified Ethical Hacker certification is offered via the EC-Council. It demonstrates the ability to get vulnerabilities in a computer system and ensure it’s not hacked. Those who attain this certification use the same knowledge, skills, and techniques used by malicious hackers. But they use them to enhance the security of computer systems. It is their responsibility to identify weaknesses in systems and networks and act on time to prevent potential attacks for those working for companies and organizations.
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
The Certified Information Security Manager or CISM is offered by ISACA, and it’s about security governance. This is a topic that has become a concern in most businesses across the world. The certification is for people working or managing IT security and showing their expertise in this area. It is highly recommended for people with IT or IS security experience or anyone interested in IT security management.
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
This is the highest certification level in Cisco’s program. It is offered in different specialty levels, including data center security, enterprise infrastructure, and service provider and collaboration. After passing the CCIE exam in any of the topics, you become a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert. But you must have between five and seven years of experience in the specialty you want.
- Certification Page
- Price: USD 2050 (written exam cost is 450 USD + lab exam is 1600 USD)
Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
This is a program provided by ISACA and enables you to demonstrate your prowess in handling data security and privacy. The program ensures you have experience and the ability to navigate and implement privacy in technology platforms or products to build trust while advancing data privacy.
To take the exam you must have experience in privacy architecture and governance for about five years. However, those with certification in CGEIT, CSX-P, CISM, CISA or CRISC, can take the exam with three years of experience.
- Certification Page
- Price: USD 880
Certified Data Professional (CDP)
Certified Data Professional is offered by the Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals ICCP. It comes with several learning paths and students undertaking the exam are allowed to choose one of the many domains that include data governance, data management, data integration and interoperability, data warehousing, data warehousing, enterprise data architecture, and much more. CDP certification begins from the foundation and moves to as high as associate, mastery, principal before finally attaining the highest level of executive management.
This certification is offered by Microsoft and is usually based on various topics, including database development, office 365, BI reporting, Windows Server, Windows 10, web applications, and other Microsoft services and products. This certification is for beginners in tech work; it helps techs start their careers and strengthen their resumes. However, recently Microsoft revamped their certification program, and they now offered based on roles. This certification has been retired by Microsoft now.
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Centre Virtualization (VCP6-DCV)
With this certification, you can install, deploy, scale, and manage VMWare vSphere six environments. The program has training modules, including new vSphere insights and how to install, configure, and manage, optimize and scale it. The exam takes 100 minutes and has 65 questions. You have to score at least 300 to pass. The exam will cost you $250 to schedule, but it comes with practice modules and resource materials.
- Certification Page
- Price: USD 995
- Oracle Database Administration Certified Professional: Oracle Certified MySQL Database Administration is available via Oracle University. The certification is for database administrators looking forward to proving they are reliable and great performers for their employers. It also enables them to gain in-demand skills in data applications and integrate them into a business.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): This certification is available in many specializations including data center, routing, and switching, wireless security, cloud and collaboration, cyber operations, and Internet of Things. This exam covers different network fundamentals, IP connectivity, security fundamentals, automation and programmability, IP services, and network access. You must have some experience with Cisco services and products, a solid understanding of network fundamentals, and knowledge regarding IP addresses.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP): After earning the CCNA, the following certification is the Cisco Certified Network Professional or CCNP certifications. It allows you to get certification in a data center, service provider, security, enterpriseDebNet, CyberOps, and collaboration. You have to pass the CCNP level exam to become a top expert certification level. You must also have at least five years’ experience in the certification path you want to follow.
- Project Management Professional (PMP): PMP certification is for project management professionals who want to advance their careers. It is provided via Project Management Institute and covers the basics of managing projects that include five stages of project’s life cycle such as to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close. To undertake this exam, you must have a four-year degree and about three years in managing projects. You must have 4,500 hours in leading projects and directing them and about 35 hours of education in project management.
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer: Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer are in Salesforce’s architect track of certifications. It is an exam that you can take specialization through the Certified Systems Architect path. This certification is for IT experts whose work is to assess different business architecture environments. This certification certifies that you implement various solutions through the Salesforce platform.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC): This certification gives you expertise in the management and identification of enterprise risk. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control certification equips you with skills to maintain and implement information system controls in various business processes. Before you can get CRISC certification, you must have rich experience in the CRISC domain. You must also complete up to 20 hours of CPE yearly, 120 hours in CPE with three years reporting cycle. A qualified Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control earns up to $146 000 per year. The CRISC certification improves your skills in:
- Information technology risk assessment
- Mitigation and response to risks
- Monitoring and reporting risks
- Information technology risk identification
Why take up cloud certifications?
- Increased demand: Almost 90% of businesses are currently using or planning to get cloud services. Some have migrated entirely, and others are yet to implement cloud migration strategies. There is increased demand for employees who can handle migrations or manage cloud environments.
- Career growth: These training are advanced, and having a certification boosts your career. The certificate proves your expertise.
- Flexibility: Once you attain cloud certifications, you become flexible in your industry and are assured of lucrative opportunities. The certificates cannot be overlooked by cloud architects, developers, and solution architects. Besides, certifications in the cloud enable you to apply for various organizations’ jobs. You can work in the healthcare, government, finance, and entertainment areas.
- Right qualifications: When companies and organizations are looking for employees, they can choose who to hire by checking their cloud certifications in addition to their regular education merits. This enables potential employees to find the best, but you must have discreet evidence, which is easy if you have the cloud certifications. They allow you to sell yourself and likely help you find a lucrative position.
Technology Certifications are obtained to validate your skills in IT. They increase your chances of getting a chance to work with different companies. Employers want to prove that you will handle their work with expertise. This makes cloud certifications one of the greatest ways to stand out among many job applicants. It is also an easy way to boost your salary and make more money.