IT certifications have been designed to launch or boost the career of IT professionals, experts, or students interested in the information and technology industry. They validate skills and knowledge, be it basic ones for entry-level or expertise for IT jobs.
However, there is a constant debate if they are worth it in the present times or not. Also, they demand a certain fee to take a test, and if you are considering taking an IT certification, it is important to know whether they are going to help you or not.
This post will discuss some of the key benefits of IT certifications and why they are still worth it in 2022.
Why do you need IT Certifications?
Here are some of the main domains where IT certifications can help you build or upgrade your salary or jobs.
- Start your career in IT: The first premise where an IT certification helps you are inaugurating your career in the industry. Many certifications like CompTIA A+, for example, are considered the industry standard for building a career in IT. These certifications introduce you to the fundamentals of technology and become an origin point for your career.
After obtaining a basic IT certification, you get familiar with the basic roadmap for your future career options, and you can later go for expertise in your preferred spheres.
Also, if you do not have any past work experience, degree, or personal projects to highlight in an interview, an IT certification will become your backup.
- Get more knowledge in your field: If you are currently working in IT and want more enhanced experience or knowledge in your present field, IT certifications are the best way for you. This is because they do not just guide you with your interested field but also validate your knowledge.
For example, suppose you are currently working as an app developer and want to learn about cybersecurity for some career shift, or you are curious about it. In that case, you can get an IT certification for it. It will bring you enough knowledge and training and expand your current position or make you eligible for your dream role.
- Make more money (higher salaries): It is a well-known fact that IT certifications generally boost your payroll, and certification attainers have experienced a boost of at least $12000 in their current salaries.
These certifications might not assure you of a hefty raise just after completing the course but provide you with enough skills and prove that you have the expertise that your employer is demanding.
- Certifications are Mandatory: Employers demand a specific certification for certain jobs or at least find you more eligible if you own it. That is why obtaining an IT certification for your dream job can increase your possibilities of landing that job. These certifications certify that you are suitable for an IT job, and you have the interest to learn and achieve your goals and possess the discipline to study.
Certifications might cost you hundreds of dollars along with exams and courses. However, in the long run, you can take them as your investment for huge returns.
- If you do not have a university degree, certifications will help: Many times, jobs demand at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. However, suppose you do not have any of them and have authentic IT certifications. In that case, the chances are that you can apply for several job listings and acquire hands-on experience in order to build your career in the IT sector.
So, you do not have to lose out on not having a degree. Instead, an IT certification can solve your problems and reveal to your employers that you are serious about achieving your goals in this industry.
Check out these other amazing articles: