In this technologically driven world, you will always hear about the unmet demand for cloud computing. The developing interest, usage, and rising intentions for cloud computing career opportunities have exponentially changed the skill sets required in this dynamic and modern industry.
Since more and more companies are turning towards cloud computing services from their age-old data-centric approach, there have been many lucrative and exciting career opportunities, in cloud services, being popped up in the job markets. Yet the basic requirements are as follows-
- Understand the why before the how: Learn why the shift to the cloud matters and how it unlocks new opportunities for innovation. “Cloud shift is not just about clouds. As organizations pursue new IT architectures and operating philosophies, they put in place a foundation for new opportunities in digital business, including next-generation IT solutions such as the Internet of Things (IoT),” says Ed Anderson, Distinguished Vice President Analyst, Gartner.
- Develop transferable skills with open-source technologies: Open-source technologies such as Kubernetes and TensorFlow are vendor-neutral. Proficiency in open-source technologies enables you to work effectively in multi-cloud or hybrid-cloud environments.
- Get certified: Training (videos, hands-on labs) gives you the knowledge and hands-on experience to work with cloud technologies. Certification validates your technical expertise and gives you industry recognition.
- Soft skills are important: Whether you are in a technical or non-technical role, presentation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and leadership skills are key to standing apart in a crowded field of candidates. Get involved in your community by organizing student clubs on campus and delivering presentations in community meetups to polish soft skills.
- Stay curious: Stay engaged by following technical blogs, conferences, and community meetups. Conference videos such as those of Google Cloud Next are available on YouTube. Invest a couple of hours every week to learn something new. Qwiklabs has some great labs that you can finish in under an hour.
Some Skills Required For Cloud Computing Jobs-
To understand the relevant job opportunities, you will have to first learn the different skills and gain knowledge for a better career in cloud computing. You need to have good knowledge of networking, storage, and virtual elements.
Other than this, some of the in-demand cloud computing skills for available job opportunities in the market include:
- Database skills
- Study Serverless architecture
- Cloud model types & their characteristics
- Cloud migration & deployment techniques
- DevOps & Agile Development Methods
- Autoscaling & migration techniques
- Machine learning & Artificial intelligence
Tech Specific Skills
As per the cloud computing experts and industry updates, the top skills for a successful cloud computing career would involve:
- Java – a popular programming language for cloud-friendly enhancements.
- Azure – It is highly popular with growth in the cloud computing space.
- Puppet– It’s often used in DevOps environments for AWS automation, it has immense value for enterprises.
- Chef– It will bring analytics at the enterprise level through its automation tools
- Agile- These are project management practices that are seeing growth every year.
- Ansible – It is an open-source server environment for cloud-based applications.
- Docker – This is another open-source technology that will bring automation to the setup and use of software programs.
- VMware– It’s popular in all domains with its virtualized cloud environments
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, AZURE – It enjoys the largest market share.
Everything seems challenging in the beginning. It is always like whether I should sit on that ride or not but when we sit on it we realize how much it was worth it. There are many ways in which you can improve your skills.
Join the cloud crew community to get answers to your questions.
If you have any issues or more such questions, feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org