You may have often heard of the unmet demand for cloud computing. The rise of interest and usage of cloud computing career opportunities has exponentially changed the skill set required in the modern industry. As more and more companies turn towards cloud-based services from their traditional data-centric approach, many cloud computing career opportunities have emerged in the job market.
With this market scenario, there is a surging need for IT Teams and cloud computing professionals to manage the cloud-based architecture. There are various cloud computing jobs prevailing in the market these days including internships, architects, developers, DevOps engineers, security professionals, and data scientists who continue to be actively involved in cloud-related job roles pertaining to its deployment, maintenance, management, and more. In fact, research confirms that almost all types of companies have adopted cloud-based models, and cloud computing has grown to about $300 billion in business worldwide.
This gives rise to the most basic question, what is cloud computing? In this blog, you will read what exactly is cloud and how you can make a career out of it easily. It’s a term used to describe a global network of servers, each with a unique function. The cloud is not a physical entity, but instead is a vast network of remote servers around the globe that are hooked together and meant to operate as a single ecosystem.
Why is every company moving towards the cloud?
There are many reasons why companies are migrating to the cloud🚶♂️. The top four are as follows:
- Reduced capital expenditures– with cloud computing, all of the hardware (servers, storage devices, firewalls, switches, and routers), which you would typically have to buy and maintain yourself, is provided by the cloud provider. By switching to the cloud, you can get rid of these ongoing capital expenses.
- Reduced operating costs– You need personnel and fewer resources to maintain the cloud since it takes less infrastructure to do it. Long-term operating cost reduction is a benefit of moving to the cloud.
- Improved agility– Scaling up and down is much simpler when you move to the cloud. You don’t worry about long-term changes because you only pay for what you need right now. Now that you have the ability to quickly and effectively scale up if your demands change, you no longer need to plan capacity for the next five years.
- Improved availability and reliability- Data loss and downtime are decreased when data is moved to the cloud. The majority of cloud service providers have SLAs that promise an uptime rate of 99% or higher. When your infrastructure is handled by a cloud provider that offers redundancy and high-speed connectivity, maintaining availability and reliability is considerably simpler.
What kind of work is done in the cloud industry 🧑💻
- Research work
- Handling Data/processing data
- Creating pipelines to migrate data for companies and making it easily accessible.
- Build and manage the infrastructure of big companies so they stay compiled with industries.
Which companies provide cloud computing services (CPS)?
Now let us understand the different companies that provide cloud computing support and services. Modern cloud service providers offer all the different services that help users to migrate, upgrade, auto-scale, monitor, and protect cloud data in diverse ways to improve availability and utilization.
A few top cloud service providers (CSPs) are:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Alibaba Cloud
Which cloud to choose?
All the clouds moreover use the same technology and kind of similar services are provided by each cloud service provider, their names and operating organization make them different from one another. We can make our own cloud too but we need a hefty investment to build physical data centers. Let us understand what steps to follow to start cloud computing –
- Choose any one platform
- Get theoretical knowledge from any source
- Do practice and research
- Get a certification. (every cloud has entry-level cloud certification )
- Internships and open market operations.
What the cloud industry is looking for in freshers?
- Skilled cloud computing individuals
- Cloud consumers and application
- Certified individuals
- Entry-level understanding of cloud computing
How to land a job (from a freshers point of view)-
- Learn the fundamentals of cloud computing,
- Different aspects of it.
- Learn the components of any cloud technology.
- Start applying to companies
- At the time searching for jobs does not apply to jobs only you are searching for instead apply to every job
- with experience, you can switch your domain within the management.