What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing entails delivering computer services such as data storage, networking, analysis, intelligence, and database services. Several cloud certifications are crucial when looking for an expert in cloud computation. Cloud certification operates as the validation of IT skills needed during decision-making in cloud computation. This certification includes Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud certifications.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
Amazon Web Services commenced its professional certification program in the year 2013. The program has three certification levels which include:
The program mainly focuses on Amazon-certified cloud practitioners—the certification targets individuals with essential Amazon Web Services cloud computing skills. At the end of the program, one must take an exam. The exam can opt to do it at exam centres, at home, in the office, or take it online.
Prerequisites: The candidate should have at least six months of knowledge of the basics of Amazon Web Services.
The associate level has three areas of validation:
1. AWS Certified Solution Architect: The individual usually performs architectural responsibilities using the AWS platform. At the end of the program, the candidate’s expectations include:
i. Demonstrating skills in architecture and establishing a secure application on AWS expertise.
ii. Give solutions by the use of architectural designs as per requirement.
iii. Guide the organizations
Prerequisites: The candidate should have at least one year of experience in architectural responsibilities.
2. AWS Certified Developer: The certification tests the individual knowledge and skills in developing and maintaining AWS applications. At the end of the certificate, one will be able to:
- Have a deep understanding of programming language.
- Understand AWS applications and basic architectural practices.
- Know about debugging, developing, and deployment of applications by using AWS services.
- Efficiently use SDKs, AWS CLI, and APIs in application writing.
- Know the main features of Amazon Web Services.
- Have the ability to write code by the use of AWS security practices.
- Know the writing codes of applications that do not have servers.
Prerequisites: The candidate should have one year of experience in developing and maintaining AWS-based applications.
3. AWS Certified Sysops Administrator: The certification tests system operation. The candidate should have at least one year of experience in the AWS-based system. Also, one needs to be familiar with all application operations and administration requirements.
Prerequisites: The certification targets candidates with one year of experience in the deployment, process, and management of AWS Cloud services.
The certification has two primary certificates: Amazon Web Services certified solution architect and AWS certified developer and operating engineers. The architects perform architectural roles while the system operators are supposed to do development, operation, and management in AWS background.
Prerequisites: The candidates in this level should have at least two-year experience in troubleshooting, operating, and designing AWS cloud.
The certification level has six primary certifications, which include:
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- AWS Certified Machine Learning
- AWS Certified Data Analytics
- AWS Certified Security
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder
- AWS Certified Database
Prerequisite: The certification requires the candidate to have technical experience in the AWS Cloud environment.
How to prepare for the AWS examination?
The preparation for all amazon web services examinations will entail the same steps. The following is a step-by-step guide for the exams preparation:
- Get exam guides and other details from the AWS website.
- Search for any relevant training programs.
- Prepare notes and thoroughly read amazon web services’ frequently asked questions.
- Take exam readiness training at QWIKSKILLS with exam-oriented Practice Tests.
- Finally, revise the notes and do lots of practice. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Certifications
Google cloud is one of the most developed cloud platforms. It has been a great competitor of some big media in the cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. Due to its rapid growth and benefits, Google Cloud has attracted big brands such as Coca-Cola, Facebook, and Intel. Google Cloud certification includes:
Google Cloud Associate Engineer: It is the only certification for the associate level and for those candidates who can handle maintenance tasks of existing Google cloud platforms. The certification does not require any prerequisite. Candidates are tested on their ability to deploy Google cloud-based applications, maintenance, and operation of Google cloud platform projects.
Google Cloud Professional Architect: The certification test candidates are tested in computer engines, data storage, cloud fore store, Kubernetes engines, and many other topics. Some of the requirements for certification of google cloud professional architects include:
- Ability to design and plan google cloud architectural solutions.
- Ability to provide designs for google cloud security.
- Ability to manage google cloud implementation.
- Provide reliable operation solutions for google cloud platforms.
- Have analytical and optimization skills for business and technical developments.
Prerequisites: The candidates should know information communication and technology concepts.
Google Cloud Data Engineer: The Google Cloud Data Engineer certification exam checks the candidates’ understanding of data processing and management. The candidates are required to:
- Have the ability to design a secure system for data processing.
- Ability to build and maintain database and data structure.
- Provide a reliable infrastructure for data processing.
- Have the ability to optimize data infrastructure, data representation, and cost
Prerequisites: The candidate should have basic knowledge of databases.
Google Cloud Professional Network Engineer: The candidate in this level tests their knowledge based on network security, network management, and operation, designing and planning google cloud platforms.
Prerequisites: The candidate should have basic knowledge of Google Cloud networking concepts.
How to prepare for Google Cloud Certification Examinations?
- The first step involves choosing the right learning path. Google Cloud certification has seven certifications that one can choose.
- Learn thorough practice. If necessary, visit the labs for practice to achieve optimal results.
- Take a look at the exam guide on the Google cloud website.
- Find case studies in the exam guides and try to tackle them.
- Take Practice Tests at QWIKSKILLS and face the exam with confidence.
Microsoft Azure Certifications
Microsoft Azure is one of the most rated cloud computing platforms. It is ranked second after Amazon Web Services. The word Azure is an abbreviation that stands for Auroral Zone Upwelling Release Experience.
Microsoft azure fundamental level is three areas of certification:
1. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900: The certification tests candidates on their knowledge of Azure cloud services. The candidate is expected to understand selling and purchasing Microsoft Azure cloud services.
Prerequisites: The level is for individuals who have a foundational knowledge of cloud services and understand how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure.
2. Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Exam AI-900: The certification is an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge of typical ML and AI workloads and how to implement them on Azure.
Prerequisites: The candidate should demonstrate foundational knowledge of ML and AI concepts related to Microsoft Azure services.
3. Microsoft Azure Data Fundamental Exam DP-900: The certification is intended for candidates beginning to work with data in Azure cloud services.
Prerequisites: This fundamental certification candidate should have the foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they are implemented using Azure services.
Microsoft Azure certification associates level comprises many areas of certification, which include:
- Microsoft Azure administrator associate exam AZ-104
- Microsoft Azure administrator associate exam AZ-204
- Microsoft Azure security engineer associate exam AZ- 500
- Microsoft Azure AL engineer associate exam AL-100
- Microsoft Azure data scientist associate exam DP-100
- Microsoft Azure data engineer associate exam DP-200 and DP-201
- Microsoft Azure database administrator associate exam DP-300
Administrator associate exam AZ-104 tests the candidate’s capabilities in implementing, managing and monitoring the organization’s Azure environment.
The candidate should have at least six months of hands-on experience handling Azure administration and a strong understanding of core Azure services.
The certification level tests the candidate’s ability to build, design, and test Microsoft Azure-based applications. The candidate should also have at least one year of professional development experience in the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform.
At least 1-2 years of professional development experience in a programming language supported by Azure and experience with Microsoft Azure.
The certification tests the candidate’s ability to maintain a security posture, identify and remediate vulnerabilities using various security tools, implement threat protection, and respond to security incidents.
The candidate should have subject matter expertise in implementing controls and threat protection.
Microsoft Azure Expert level has two certification exams. Azure Certified Solutions Architect and Microsoft Azure DevOps engineer expert exam AZ-400.
Azure Certified Solution Architect
Architect certification is divided into two exams, AZ-303 and AZ-304. When candidates clear two certification exams, AZ-303 and AZ304, they earn the Azure Solution Architect Expert certification.
AZ-303 is an exam for Azure Architect Technologies. The candidate for this exam should have subject matter expertise in designing and implanting solutions that run on Azure, including aspects like computing, network, storage, and security. AZ-304 certification measures the candidate’s ability to perform technical tasks: design monitoring, identity and security; design data storage; design business continuity.
Candidates to be validated for this certification are tested on Microsoft azure operations and development processes
The candidate should have subject matter expertise in working with people, processes, and technologies to deliver business values continuously.
How to prepare for the Microsoft Azure certification examination?
The following steps will guide you in exam preparation.
- The first will involve ensuring you understand the format and the questions asked.
- Microsoft learning will help you to have a better knowledge of the certification.
- Hand experience will help you immensely.
- Check study material available on cloud training platforms like Cloud Academy, Coursera, Pluralsight, etc.
- Choose instructor-led courses.
- Books can be a great source of information.
- Take a Practice Test at QwikSkills to get well versed in the exam format and question type, and be ready with confidence.
Cloud certification is increasingly gaining popularity in recent years. As Cloud Computing continues to be adopted by businesses and organizations, requirements for individuals with cloud skills are rising. A cloud computing certification can significantly enhance your skills resulting in better career choices and salaries. It is worth investing time, effort, and money in getting cloud certification. The article has highlighted the most popular certifications to help you make the right choice.